Saturday, February 22, 2014

Koppa's Fulbeli Deli

When: Saturday, January 18, 2014

What: Koppa’s Fulbeli Deli Atari

Cost: Free!


After spending a laid back Saturday running errands around town, Adam and I decided it was time to head downtown to fill our bellies!  It had been years since I had visited Comet Café, so we enjoyed some delicious, warm food that snowy evening.  Comet Café is a lovely restaurant on Milwaukee’s East Side.  On Sundays, they will serve you a basket of bacon with your Bloody Mary.  I also had an exciting moment in Charleston once as I was exiting a grocery store and on a pole in front of my car covered in bumper stickers, there was a Comet Café sticker.  So cool!  As we were chatting over dinner, Adam mentioned we could hit up Koppa’s.  It sounded like a fantastic idea.  After our meal, we walked across the street and explored this unique, small grocery store.  


Koppa’s Fulbeli Deli has been on Milwaukee’s East Side for about 25 years.  It had been family owned up until last year.  One of the unique aspects of Koppa’s is that they have an old Atari anyone can play for free!  


I played a game of Pac Man (slightly remembering why I don’t play video games: I’m bad and get bored easily) and bought a few groceries we needed.  While our visit was short, I would love to go back sometime and try one of their amazing sounding sandwiches!  Check out their website here:  Koppa’s

0 comments:

Post a Comment